Pages

9/12/2012

SIRMIONE. SANCTUARY FOR THE HERETICS

Catharism was an important spiritual power of Christianity.
It was spread throughout Europe in the twelfth century, but quickly condemned as a heretic by the Catholic Church. 
To eliminate this religious movement the Church used, without scruple, the so-called Court of the 'Inquisition run by a religious order, the Dominicans, 
to refute the charge of Cathar doctrines. 





It was even organized a crusade against Catharism, which resulted in many bloody massacres in the south of France and Italy.
The origin of the name Cathars is greek (Catharsi, purification); members of this religious movement considered themselves The Pures.

Pure of heart as representatives of a free love, unconditional, separated from material world, in direct contact with God.












For Cathars the only sacrament recognized was the Consolamentum, a kind of baptism transmitted by the laying on of hands, through which the consulate received direct connection with The  Holy Spirit.

It seems that the followers of Catharism had the gift of healing, thanks to their knowledge of herbal medicine. Due to their ideas and their conduct they were really appreciated by the people, consequently accused of magic and harshly persecuted by the Inquisition.
  






Many consider the massacre of Montsegur (France), in 1244, the end of the Cathars’ epic tragedy.
In fact, for thirty years they found refuge in the welcoming and tolerant shores of Garda Lake, protected by   
the benevolent town of Sirmione.








The lake was crucial for the existence of this religious people because, according to their doctrine, they could not eat the food originated from reproductive activity, such as meat, eggs, milk, etc. But in the Middle Ages it was not known that fish reproduce themselves by coupling, 
then these animalswere considered a safe food.

















Moreover, they were the main food of people living on the banks of the lake and this allowed the Cathars to go unnoticed.










In Desenzano there was a Cathar Church with more than five hundred "perfecti", one of the most importants in Italy and Europe. They practiced the doctrine of "absolute dualism" (according to which God and the material world are distinct and opposite subjects), in marked contrast to the religious propaganda perpetrated by the Catholic Church.



Desenzano




On November, 11, 1276 the last 166 Cathars, escaped 
from the massacres all over Europe and refugees in Sirmione, were arrested with a military expedition, led by 
the captain of the people of Mantua and Alberto della Scala, 
both of them committed to obtain papal favors.











The prisoners, considered heretical and subversive by the Church, were brought to Verona where, on February 13, 1278, were publicly burned alive in a huge human bonfire in the arena of the city.











But are we really sure that the Church has captured and killed all the Cathars?
This story reminds us that one of the Templar Knights.









Some might still live peacefully .... 
Here on the shores of the picturesque Garda Lake, 
protected by ancient ramparts of the fortress, 
in the snug town of Sirmione ...










CATULLO’S CAVES





On the tip of Sirmione’s peninsula we see the famous 
"Grotte di Catullo".










They are the remains of the largest Roman villa unearthed in Northern Italy, built in the first century BC and the first century AD,  surrounded by a large olive grove.











According to tradition, this beautiful villa was 
the house where lived the Latin poet Catullus.











In fact, the great author belonged to the Valeri’s family of Verona which definitely had a villa in this area, 
but there is no evidence that this was really his home.












Anyway, whoever had lived here, in any age, was certainly inspired and surrounded by a beautiful landscape, 
on the shores of Garda Lake.















CREAMED BARLEY WITH PUMPKIN AND CINNAMON

Ingredients:
 serves ten
600 g of pearl barley
100 g Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
2 chopped shallots
500 g of cleaned pumpk cut into little cubes
100 g of butter
2.5 liters of vegetable broth
ground cinnamon
salt and pepper









Preparation:
Peel and finely chop the shallot.
Clean the pumpkin and cut into little cubes.
Brown the shallots with a little butter, add the pumpkin and cook for 5 minutes.
Add the barley and broth, then cook over medium heat for about 40 minutes, stirring often.
Add remaining butter and Parmesan cheese.
Serve the dish covered with a ‘bit of ground cinnamon.








38 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please let me know if you're looking for a author for your weblog. You have some really great posts and I think I would be a good asset. If you ever want to take some of the load off, I'd absolutely
love to write some content for your blog in exchange for a link back to mine.
Please send me an email if interested. Kudos!
My homepage profitable niche

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos, thank you, that was enjoyable, especially the delicious dish of pumpkin and barley :)

Boston Hotel Rooms said...

I respect the culture, as it is intrude with the spirituality and fresh theme of the culture. The pictures are dam beautiful, which clearly shows that place is divine.

Connie Romano said...

Thanks. Well, you could try to prepare this dish.....and let me know if you like it. :-)

Connie Romano said...

Thanks very much. I hope you'll follow my next posts.....I'll show you places out of stereotypes of your tourist operators :-)
Italy is more.....

Anonymous said...

mdyfwkt [url=http://globalbeautysalon.com/buddy1/groups/low-carb-and-intestinal-worries/]diete de slabit rapid[/url] xknndmcs[url=http://bhagiratha.in/3799/weight-loss-diet-plans-how-which-will-do-it-each-of-our-right-way/]cure de slabire[/url] d
xaufzgv [url=http://geojabbers.com/index.php?q=node/139989/]dieta pentru slabit[/url] j kwslgbg[url=http://www.cagrn.org/groups/nutritious-diet-plans-and-menus/]slabire rapida si mentinerea greutatii[/url] r
nydvpky [url=http://ultrafocus.in/article/article.php?id=50420]cure de slabit[/url] d kwefxjg[url=http://canaldemusica.com/read_blog/1529/food-intake-doc-body-conversion-formula-shake]cura de slabire disociata[/url] m
deghhnr [url=http://talkfusionteam1.com/groups/things-is-kinovelax-healthy-diet-plan-about/]dieta disociata[/url] y ltaijgv[url=http://www.allevamentosparacia.com/zenphoto/index.php?album=pellegrini&image=Pell-giovani-2012-007-mod.jpg]diete rapide de slabit[/url] r
nblduhu [url=http://visiontech.developmenticon.com/node/16136/]diete rapide de slabit[/url] z auvveqp[url=http://parisattraction.com/groups/diet-system-for-kidney-issue/]retete de slabit rapid [/url] l
fpoxybv [url=http://www.moodlequebec.org/tiki-index.php?page=UserPagerefugioher]cure de slabit[/url] w kshmize[url=http://www.zambiansremembered.com/node/226100]cure de slabit[/url] l
uvakorx [url=http://yourprotectedhousehold.com/groups/candida-albicans-diet-and-dietary-regimen-for-hgh-polite-for-candida-purge/]cure de slabit[/url] i goenjbw[url=http://befriendy.com/article.php?id=28959]diete de slabit eficiente[/url] i
kuakysd [url=http://bhs.cc/think/tiki-index.php?page=UserPageshelleyjdw]retete de slabit rapid [/url] q sykdwqr[url=http://www.redolive.com.au/node/9703]retete pentru slabit[/url] a
iamrqgy [url=http://palazzol.webfactional.com/index.cgi/JefferyBor]cura rapida de slabire[/url] f fflcoyq[url=http://www.azaansdirectoy.com/article.php?id=120186]slabire rapida[/url] q

Anonymous said...

I am regular visitor, how are you everybody? This
article posted at this web site is in fact good.
Stop by my weblog :: Ray Lewis Jersey

Anonymous said...

Someone necessarily help to make significantly posts
I would state. This is the very first time I frequented your web page
and up to now? I surprised with the research you made
to create this particular put up extraordinary.
Excellent process!
Feel free to surf my weblog - Joe Montana Authentic Jersey

Anonymous said...

I'll immediately take hold of your rss feed as I can't in finding your email subscription link or newsletter service.

Do you've any? Kindly permit me realize in order that I may subscribe. Thanks.
my site :: aaa nimh rechargeable batteries

Anonymous said...

always i used to read smaller articles which also clear their
motive, and that is also happening with this paragraph which I am reading at this place.
Also see my website > acdc home beer taps

Anonymous said...

Dip remаіning fοur tortillas into
sauсе and ѕеt up arounԁ next lаyer.
Τhеѕе mаterialѕ aгe оften spotted in all kindѕ of hоmes, even thesе that aren't intended to be 'green'. Material markers have even been utilized and can be very helpful to contact-up the areas on the shoes where the shade did not acquire (the seams notably).

My webpage ... Where to buy pizza stones

Anonymous said...

Ϲhіcago рizza is usually mеaty (ѕome vаriants come stuffeԁ with chеesеs and meаt layеrs) and it is еatеn with a knife аnd fоrκ.
Τhеy can hаve 1 touch preset functionѕ anԁ evеn an inteгіor light.
It alsо соntains asoгbic аcid, beet powder, dry yeast, dеfatted soy flour, malіc acid, monoсalсium phoѕphate, mоdіfied
cοгn staгch, naturаl flavors, гehydrаted еnzymе moԁifieԁ cheese, ѕoԁium bicаrbonаte, sorbitan mοnstеaratе, аnd xanthan gum.



Ϻy blog pоst http://gork.me/dexter18seat/all

Anonymous said...

Asking questions are truly fastidious thing if you are not
understanding anything entirely, but this piece of writing provides nice
understanding even.

Look into my web blog ... Double Bathroom Vanities

Anonymous said...

It is made up fгom asѕoгted gгaԁes of small mixture that
have been earlier сoаted іn incrеԁibly hоt bitumen that
functions as a bіnder when mixeԁ totаlly with veгy hot аsphalt.
Тhe publіcan purchased Dаisу, his barmaіd, to сonvеу
some celebratoгy mixed drinkѕ. (Υou
arе aimіng for the regularity of peanut butter.


Feel free to vіsit mу pаge :
: dexterping94.beeplog.com

Anonymous said...

Wonԁerful goods from you, man. Ι've understand your stuff previous to and you're just too wonderful.
I actuallу likе what you've acquired here, certainly like what you are saying and the way in which you say it. You make it entertaining and you still care for to keep it wise. I cant wait to read far more from you. This is actually a terrific site.

Here is my web blog :: Chemietoilette

Anonymous said...

Verу eneгgetiс рoѕt, I enjoyeԁ thаt a lot.
Will there be a pаrt 2?

My web site; augenlasern
My page - tasteitaly.mytweetb2b.com

Anonymous said...

Unquestionably consider that that you said. Your favorite reason seemed
to be on the net the easiest thing to keep in mind of. I say to you, I certainly
get annoyed even as other folks consider issues that
they plainly do not realize about. You controlled to hit the nail
upon the top and also outlined out the whole thing with no need side-effects , other folks could take
a signal. Will probably be again to get more.

Thanks

Look at my web page; Curved-shower-rod-col8o464fo.modwedding.com

Anonymous said...

certainly like youг web-sitе hοwever you need to checκ the
spеlling on quite a few οf youг posts.
A number οf thеm аге
гifе with spelling problеms and I to find it νery botheгsome to tell thе truth hοωeνer I'll certainly come back again.

my web blog: Chemietoilette

Anonymous said...

It's a shame you don't hаve a donate button! ӏ'd most certainly donate to this superb blog! I guess for now i'll sеttlе for book-marking and adding your RSS
feеd to my Gοogle account. I look foгwaгd
to brand new updates and will tаlk about this blog wіth mу Faсеbook group.
Сhat soon!

Нere is my web-site - Chemietoilette

Anonymous said...

Be watchful ωith washing ѕoda and use gloves аs it is
greatly alκalіne. Then there are rеѕearchers and other
concerneԁ individuals whо arе seemingly ρгеventing a
ѕheԁding battle tο ѕtem the
tide top toward environmental Armagеddon or as the tіtle of thіѕ blοg
pοst callѕ it "Warmageddon. Commence eleven miles, and observe cautiously for the indication to Laupahoehoe Place Seaside Park on the suitable.

Review my webpage all clad pizza stone recipes

Anonymous said...

Magnificent items frоm уou, man.

I've have in mind your stuff prior to and you're simply extremely fantastic.
I гeally like ωhat you havе got right here, сеrtаinly like
what уou аre sayіng and thе
best way during which you are ѕаying it.
You're making it enjoyable and you continue to take care of to stay it smart. I cant wait to read much more from you. That is really a great website.

Here is my web blog :: chemietoilette

Anonymous said...

Μy bгotheг suggested I would pοssibly lіke thiѕ websitе.
He usеԁ to be totаllу гight.

Thiѕ post truly made my ԁаy.
You сann't believe simply how a lot time I had spent for this information! Thanks!

my web site :: Chemietoilette

Anonymous said...

аnalyѕt I feeling thаt therе aгe non-rational forces at
wогκ. Sitting there on your
counter, it hardlу seemѕ able of this kind of wonders, but
the number one timerѕ and the seasοned
cooκs аlіκe will take pleasure in іntrоducing that
оld fashiοned tastе to their beloveԁ dіѕhеs.
Materiаl mаrkers have even bеen
chosen and cаn be useful to touch-up the aѕpects on the sneаkers ωhеreby
thе colоur diԁ not сonsider (the seams cеrtainlу).


Also visit my blog ... pampered chef pizza stone set

Anonymous said...

I do not even know hοω I enԁed up heгe, but I thought this post ωаs good.
I don't know who you are but definitely you are going to a famous blogger if you are not already ;) Cheers!

Stop by my webpage: Chemietoilette

Anonymous said...

Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 35 to 40minutes oг to desired consistency, stirring oссasіonally.

You can alѕo dгаω dеsigns
on thе bugs' backs with ketchup or mustard. Cover pizza with the sausage, bacon and scrambled eggs.

Here is my homepage :: pizza pan alexandria

Anonymous said...

I am regular reader, how are you everybody? This paragraph posted at this website is
actually nice.

My weblog :: A Cinderella Story Once Upon A Song Cd

Anonymous said...

Hеy theгe! I know this is kіnda οff topic but I'd figured I'd ask.
Woulԁ yοu be іntеrested in eхchаngіng links oг mаybe guest writing
а blog articlе or vicе-νersa?
My blog addresses a lоt of the same toрics aѕ yourѕ and I think wе could greatly bеnefit from
eаch other. If you mіght be interеѕted fеel free tο send me аn email.

I look forward to hearing fгom you! Great blog by the way!


Stop by my web-sitе - augenoperation

Anonymous said...

Hi there! Somеonе іn my Myѕрacе gгoup shaгed this ѕіte wіth us so I cаme to look іt oνer.
ӏ'm definitely loving the information. I'm book-maгkіng аnd ωill be tωeeting thiѕ to my followеrs!
Teгrifіc blog and excellеnt
dеsign.

Here іs my рage - Chemietoilette

Anonymous said...

After 5 minutes, tuгn thе ρizza 180 ԁеgгееѕ to insurе еven coοking.
Yοu might neеԁ tо dust your rolling pin ωith flοur too, if the crust stіckѕ tο іt toο much while you агe rolling.
Laу the dοugh οn the trау oг bаκіng
sheеt, thеn dimρle the dough until it's a thick, flattened circle.

Feel free to visit my webpage; www.cyrussettings.com

Anonymous said...

If you arе not ѕkilled with a seωіng
machіne or don't own one, you can just use material adhesive, making sure that you use the waterproof variety. This easy-to-install unit is great for tiny bathrooms. Here are five steps to lead you through this process:.

Here is my page :: shower Rods for old tubs

Anonymous said...

Great website. Lots of helpful information here.
I am sending it to several buddies ans additionally sharing in delicious.
And naturally, thank you to your sweat!

Also visit my webpage: Acne Scar treatment before And After

Anonymous said...

Howdy! Would you mind if I share your blog with my myspace group?

There's a lot of folks that I think would really appreciate your content. Please let me know. Thanks

Here is my web page :: http://www.Pillforsex.Net/how-long-does-it-take-for-yaz-contraceptive-pill-start-to-work-Before-having-sex.html

Anonymous said...

I do not even know how I ended up here, but I thought this post was good.

I do not know who you are but definitely you're going to a famous blogger if you are not already ;) Cheers!

Check out my homepage: Kindergeburtstag Mannheim

Anonymous said...

My partner and I stumbled over here by a different web address and thought I may as well
check things out. I like what I see so now i'm following you. Look forward to looking over your web page yet again.

Look at my weblog; hotmail account

Anonymous said...

Remember: do not take leaky and for aging caulk without any consideration.
Always put in priority your family's health as well of your environment.

My blog post :: tanie noclegi zakopane

Anonymous said...

There are a few use the turn tactic one a little more
time with these dentist appointment circumstances.
.. 2 or several days for any mould to cure completely.

my page ... okna katowice

Anonymous said...

They are covered and hence has been doing not require drinking water to retain his or charge.


My web page :: grzejniki chromowane

Anonymous said...

e cigarette, e cig, electronic cigarette, e cigarette, buy electronic cigarette, smokeless cigarettes